Who do you contact for wildlife concerns/injured wildlife?
Calgary Fish & Wildlife – (403) 297-6423 (8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday) or 1 (800) 642-3800 (during non-office hours)
- Large animals (Bears, Moose, Coyotes, Cougars, etc.)
- If it’s an emergency, call 9-1-1
- Deer, if injured and not mobile.
- Leave young deer alone. They’ve usually been hidden while their parents forage for food.
Calgary Wildlife Rehabilitation Society – (403) 214-1312, or
Alberta Institute of Wildlife Conservation – (403) 946-2361
- Smaller wildlife (birds, rabbits, raccoons, etc.)
- If you see a baby rabbit, do not disturb it. The parent will come back for it!
- If you’re unable to contact anyone at either number above, most 24 hour vet clinics will take the animal in.
*Please do not disturb a distressed animal unless you’re instructed to move it by a professional
For small animals that are causing problems (i.e., Bats, gophers, mice, skunks, wasps, etc.) call your local pest control company
- Peregrine General Pest Control (403) 475-6523
- Orkin Canada (403) 236-2700
- Cal-Rid Exterminators Inc (403) 233-0646
- Martin’s Pest Control (403) 460-7213
For dead animals found within the city limits (including pets), click here to fill out an online form through the City of Calgary, or fill out a service request on the 3-1-1 app.